Gates places a high priority on the WellBeing of our employees and families – physical, emotional/behavioral, financial and social. Our goal is to make sure you feel supported and are aware of all the awesome opportunities available to you. Resources and programs will be offered throughout the year, focused on enhancing your life experience – facilitating more “good” in your life.
Our benefits are designed to support you when you need them most. Some of them are paid for in full by Gates and will support you automatically. Others are available for you to choose from to build a benefits package that suits your needs.
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY – OCTOBER 2021 (PREVENTION)
Welcome to this edition of Gates GoodLife Wellbeing Monthly!
Check out the Live Well Monthly Newsletter which includes:
- Articles – Metabolic Syndrome and You; Lifestyle Habits That Can Reduce Your Health Risk; The Microbiome: What it is and Why it is Important
- Recipe – Vegan Turmeric Pumpkin Soup
- Wellbeing Activity –Support Your Microbiome
Gates Benefits Highlights
Magellan EAP Newsletter:
October Newsletter (English
); October Newsletter (Spanish
Remember that you get four annual cleanings
including two exams
Find an In-Network Dentist
Join the 2021 Webcast Series
starting in October covering topics such as HSA, budgeting, investing and more!
Friendly Health Reminders & Resources
Cyber Security Awareness Month – Do Your Part. Be #CyberSmart
Dental Hygiene Month – How to Observe National Dental Hygiene Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Learn About Breast Cancer
, Find a Walk/Run Near You
Mental Illness Awareness Week – (10/3-10/9) Gates Diversity Equity and Inclusion: Keep an eye out for upcoming Mental Health Events
World Mental Health Day – (10/10) Mental Health Care for All: Let’s Make It a Reality
Prior Monthly References:
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY September 2021
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY August 2021
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY July 2021
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY June 2021
GOODLIFE WELLBEING MONTHLY May 2021
EAP/ Personal Resiliency Program - Magellan
Balancing the demands of work, home, family, finances, health and WellBeing can be challenging at times. We want to make sure that when issues do arise, you won’t have to face them alone. Our Personal Resiliency Program / EAP, is a confidential service, offering you access to experienced counselors who can help with stress, anxiety, drug and alcohol dependence, grief, loss and more. The program is run by Magellan and paid for by Gates– it won’t cost you anything to use and any calls you make are confidential; no one at Gates will be informed of your call.
In any calendar year, a member can participate in up to five (5) sessions (of 50 minutes each) for each specific problem or set of problems. If the counselor determines after one or two sessions that a member's problem or condition cannot be resolved with brief counseling, the counselor will assist the member to transition out of the employee assistance program to a provider who is appropriate for his or her condition. At that point, no further sessions are available to that member, except in connection with the transition to another provider.
- Personal Resiliency Program
- Magellan Training Guide
- Magellan Manager Support Guide
The myStrength by Livongo mobile app is a full-spectrum digital emotional wellness tool that can help with common concerns from managing stress, anxiety and depression to improving sleep and mindfulness. myStrength provides support through personalized and self-directed programs, in-app coaching, uplifting stories, videos and daily inspiration. Best of all – this is a FREE service to you as a Gates employee!
Additional, enhanced services available through Magellan:
- Three 30-minute consultations sessions per topic, per year
- Online scheduling to meet with a financial coach
- Access to two live financial webinars each month
- Financial Wellness Flyer
ID Theft Resolution:
- One 60-minute consultation per issue, per year with an attorney or mediation expert
- Access to self-serve, state-specific legal forms
- Access to pre-packaged discounted legal document preparation
- Legal Services Flyer
- One 60-minute consultation with a Fraud Resolution Specialist
- Self-pay option to continue work on a case under power of attorney until all issues are resolved
- ID Theft Resolution Flyer
- Short-term goals focus points
- Up to 6 sessions per year
- Members will not be denied additional sessions if it is determined that the member has not yet reached their goal
- Lifestyle Coaching Flyer