Gates is continuing to support additional wellness programs
** Effective January 1, 2016, wellness incentives, such as UHC’s Gym Reimbursements and UHC’s Healthy Pregnancy Program are considered a taxable benefit by the IRS and are subject to income inclusion and taxation on your paycheck
- Parental Leave Program
- Gates is proud to offer a Parental Leave Program that supports financial security, well-being and gender equity. Effective July 1, 2019, we've enhanced our Maternity Leave Policy and added a New Parent Leave Policy (collectively, the "Parental Leave Program"). Click here for more information.
- Gym Reimbursement
For Active Employees only and their enrolled spouse:
Up to $300 reimbursed per calendar year per employee and spouse for gym memberships. The member will be required to submit a claim for this reimbursement.
The video, P90X, should be a covered item in the above. It is the only video covered. Member must submit a receipt, and the video purchase must occur in present year.
Applies only to active employees and their spouses. Children's membership does not qualify for reimbursement.
Submit your request for reimbursement using the current UHC reimbursement form and process. Note: This incentive is considered taxable income per IRS regulations and taxes (25%+, depending on state) will be deducted from pay following receipt of reimbursement from UnitedHealthcare.
- The Healthy Pregnancy Program
- Expecting mothers can take advantage of a free maternity education, resources and 24 hour access to maternity nurses through UnitedHealthcare.
- When expecting mothers enroll by their 16th week of pregnancy and complete the program, they are eligible for a $450 payroll contribution.
Enroll by calling 888-246-7389. Note: This incentive is considered taxable income per IRS regulations and taxes (25%+, depending on state) will be deducted from pay following receipt of gift card.
- Search UnitedHealthcare Healthy Pregnancy in the Apple® App Store® or Google Play™ to download the app.
- For information on a free breast pump which is available to UHC members, Click here.
- Wellness Coaching Program
- If you're looking to eat better, get fit or reduce stress, find personal support and motivation with a wellness coach, we can help! Call 1-866-787-6864 to enroll today or Click here for more information.
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- This program includes coaching on topics such as achieving/maintaining tobacco-free status, overcoming triggers and barriers, and tools for quitting. Coaches can suggest appropriate medications used to support quitting. Call 1-866-787-6864 to enroll today or Click here for more information.
- Smoking deterrents are part of the Affordable Care Act reform and bypass the deductible. Members have a $0 copay and can obtain a 90-day supply (with valid prescription), if needed. View the CVS/Caremark Preventive Drug List for a list of smoking deterrents.